First time as a Car boot seller? Here are some helpful pointers
* Our Gates open at 6am for you to start queuing. We generally start letting Car booter’s in at around 6.20am. It’s a good idea to be as early as possible, particularly on Saturdays as late comers will often find we are full by around 8am.
* Pitches are £7.50 for 1, £10 for 2 and an extra £5 for every pitch thereafter.
* We automatically charge £15 for a transit size van and cars with trailers as they take 3 spaces. Smaller vans such as combos or connects and can be 2 pitches.
* Bring Tables or stands (some people just sell from a sheet on the floor) plenty of change, carrier bags, pens and paper for marking prices and most importantly bring a chair with you to take the weight off your feet.
*Remember Car boot is second hand goods only. Household goods and kitchen items that you no longer use tend to sell well as do CD’s, DVD’s and garden tools.
* Make your pitch stands out from the rest for example with a well displayed table to attract potential buyers.
* Display your most saleable items where people can see and touch them, with less saleable things such as bric-a-brac and general household goods spread out on the ground or in boxes. Hang clothes up and try to get your hands on a clothes rail to show them off.
* Know how much you want for your items before you go, write everything on a list or put price tickets on them. But let any buyer know that you are willing to negotiate.
* Sellers are likely to try haggle and while you should try to get the best price for your things, consider whether you really want to take them home again at the end of the day.
* Please remember that counterfeit goods of any type are not permitted on site. This applies to clothing, bags, shoes, copy DVD’s and CD’s.
*The most important thing to remember is enjoy your day and hopefully turn all those unwanted items into £££’s.